Connect with other teens, earn service credit, have a say in your library, and have fun. Find a VounTeens group near you.
Read about teen services and the Perry-Sippo Branch on the VolunTeen blog: www.perrysippovolunteens.weebly.com
1. Students in grades 6–12 may submit a maximum of one entry in the contest.
2. Artwork must be original, not photocopied or reproduced, and have been created within the last year.
3. Artwork may be submitted in the following categories:
• Painting: oil, watercolor, or acrylic paintings
• Drawing: pencil, markers, ink, charcoal, or chalk drawings
• Other: clay, wire, papier–mâché, metal or wood sculpture, multimedia, photography
4. Artwork must be submitted between October 10th-24th, 2015. Submissions can be entered:
- In person: Visit any of our 9 branches, Bookmobiles, or the Main Library
- By mail:
Stark Country District Library
Attn: Teen Services
715 Market Ave North
Canton OH 44702
5. Artwork should be submitted in a state ready for judging and display.
6. Winners will be determined by a panel of community judges. Winners will be contacted directly prior to the Teen Art Show.
7. All art submitted will be compiled into a booklet that will be available at the Teen Art Show. This booklet will also be available at all library locations for circulation. Disclaimer: Submissions can be picked up by participants after the Art Show. Submission of work grants Stark County District Library one-time publication rights in a forthcoming booklet and on the library’s website.
8. If you are under the age of 18, be sure that your parent or guardian is aware of your entry into this contest and is in agreement with all of the rules. Failure to comply with any of the contest rules will result in disqualification.
9. Attach the completed entry form below to your submission
Download the Entry Form
The Michael L. Printz Award is an award for a book that exemplifies literary excellence in young adult literature. It is named for a Topeka, Kansas school librarian who was a long-time active member of the Young Adult Library Services Association.
Find Michael L. Printz Award Winners in our catalog.