Inviting. Informing. Transforming. » Services » Passports

Passport booklet

Get your Passport
At Stark Library

Skip the hassle—at Stark Library, we've made it easy to get your passport when and where it’s most convenient for you! We offer:

 Friendly, personalized assistance
 Six Convenient locations
 Extended evening and weekend hours
 One stop for passport and photo services



Frequently Asked Questions


What do I need to bring to my appointment if I’m getting a new passport?

  1. Completed DS-11 form in black ink (DO NOT SIGN) or filled out and printed from the State Department website. Please print separate sheets, not back to back.
  2. Proof of US citizenship (certified copy of birth certificate). Originals will be returned.
  3. Photocopy of birth certificate front and back if there is any writing on the back of certificate. (Photocopier available at library locations)
  4. Photo ID (driver’s license or state ID)
  5. Photocopy front/back of id (Photocopier available at library locations)
  6. Passport photo (Photo service is available from the library. See pricing section below.)
  7. Check or money order for Application Fee, made out to the Department of State (separate checks for each family member).
  8. Cash, credit or check for Acceptance Fee and Photo Fee. Check should be made out to Stark County District Library.


How long does it take to receive my passport?

Routine application processing takes 4-6 weeks, but could take up to 8 weeks. There is also an expedited processing option that takes 2-3 weeks for an additional fee (see pricing section below).



Assistance from library staff is free. Photo Fee is $12. For Application Fee, Execution Fee, Expedited Service Fee and other fee amounts, please see the State Department website.


How do I know if I need a passport card or book?

  • Card: Land or Sea travel to Canada, Caribbean, Mexico and Bermuda only
  • Book: All Travel (Eg. Air travel)


Where can I get a copy of my birth certificate?

If you were born in Ohio, visit the State Department of Health's Vital Records page. If you were born in another state, visit the CDC page that has vital records contact information. Birth Certificates must be certified—photocopies will not be accepted. Birth Certificate must include the names of both parents, filed within one year of birth and will usually have a raised seal.


Can I get a passport for my child?

  • For all children under age 16: Child and both parents must be present during the application process. Parents will need to provide proof of relationship and IDs.
  • For all children age 16 to 17: Child must be present. If the child has a photo ID, the parent is not required to be present. If the parent is not present, it is recommended that the parent indicate consent by being listed as emergency contact or providing check for payment. Fee is the same as adults.

Where can I get information about the status of my application?

Status information is available through the National Passport Center, 1.877.487.2778.


Renewing a Passport

To renew an adult passport, you do not need an appointment with us—you can renew by mail. Fill out form DS-82 on the State Department website. You will need to mail in the form and your old passport.

If you need to update your photo, the library offers a photo service. Please call to schedule an appointment.

To renew a passport for a minor under age 16, please call to schedule an appointment. Minors under 16 must appear in person with parents and must submit a previous passport and birth certificate. 


Can I apply for a visa at the library?

Passport application acceptance agencies do not handle visas. A visa is an endorsement or stamp placed by officials of a foreign country on a U.S. passport that allows the bearer to visit that foreign country. Foreign entry requirements vary by country. See the Special Issuance Agency page for information.


Where can I get more information?

Please visit the State Department website or call the National Passport Information Center at 1.877.487.2778.