The Library offers a library card for educators who work in a K-12 school, college or university; educators who work in a licensed daycare center or preschool; and home educators. These cards are provided to check out items related to curriculum use in a classroom or homeschool environment. Educators should retain their personal cards to check out personal items.
Proof of valid educator status must be provided to obtain or renew a card:
- Home school certification letter from the superintendent of the school district of residence (per the Ohio Administrative Code)
- School/Employee ID Badge
- Pay Stub from School Employment
Educator cards must be renewed annually in September.
Speak to a librarian or call us at 330.452.0665 to sign up.
Educator Card Policies
Educators may borrow materials for six (6) weeks, and the items may be renewed if not requested by another patron.
- If more than ten children’s books per year are lost or damaged beyond repair, charges will be incurred for the eleventh and each subsequent item.
- Full payment is required for all lost adult materials, parent-teacher materials, and audio-visual materials.
- Any children’s material costing over $40.00 may be charged at the library’s discretion.
- The library reserves the right to determine if an item will not be cleared.
- Home educators will be responsible for all lost materials.
The following items MAY NOT be borrowed with an Educator card:
- Express books and Express DVDs
- Tech gadgets
- Kindergarten Readiness Packs
- Note: Adult and Young Adult DVDs may be checked out on an Educator Card for a loan period of 7 days, and can be renewed if not on hold for another patron.
Educators may request items through Search Ohio and OhioLINK. All materials checked out through these services are subject to their policies. Search Ohio and OhioLINK policies, fines, and charges are determined by their consortia and cannot be waived or negotiated.