The Stark County District Library has the best services for Educators. Our easy as "apple" pie access to library materials is free. Let us help you get started today!
The Library offers a library card for educators who work in a K-12 school, college or university; educators who work in a licensed daycare center or preschool; and home educators. These cards are provided to check out items related to curriculum use in a classroom or homeschool environment. Educators should retain their personal cards to check out personal items.
Proof of valid educator status must be provided to obtain or renew a card:
- Home school certification letter from the superintendent of the school district of residence (per the Ohio Administrative Code)
- School/Employee ID Badge
- Pay Stub from School Employment
Educator cards must be renewed annually in September.
Educators may borrow materials for six (6) weeks, and the items may be renewed if not requested by another patron.
- If more than ten children’s books per year are lost or damaged beyond repair, charges will be incurred for the eleventh and each subsequent item.
- Full payment is required for all lost adult materials, parent-teacher materials, puppets, and audio-visual materials.
- Any children’s material costing over $40.00 may be charged at the library’s discretion.
- The library reserves the right to determine if an item will not be cleared.
- Home educators will be responsible for all lost materials.
The following items MAY NOT be borrowed with an Educator card:
- Express books and Express DVDs
- Tech gadgets
- Kindergarten Readiness Packs
- Note: Adult and Young Adult DVDs may be checked out on an Educator Card for a loan period of 7 days, and can be renewed if not on hold for another patron.
Educators may request items through Search Ohio and OhioLINK. All materials checked out through these services are subject to their policies. Search Ohio and OhioLINK policies, fines, and charges are determined by their consortia and cannot be waived or negotiated.
The Library staff will assemble a collection of materials for use in the classroom or home school upon request.
- Please request units from the library location where you will be picking them up. Unit requests may be placed either in person, by phone, or online: Educator Unit Request Form
- At least one week’s notice is requested
Units will be held for up to one week from the scheduled pickup date and will then be returned to circulation.
- Lit Kits are multiple copies of the same book title that circulate for six (6) weeks at a time.
- Lit Kits should be reserved by contacting the location at which the unit is housed, but they can be sent to any location for pickup.
Below are some of the Literature Kits available, if you’re interested in multiple copy titles that are not listed or in subject units please contact your Children’s or Teen’s Librarian at your nearest library branch.
Main Library, Children's
715 Market Ave, Canton
Perry Sippo Branch
5710 12th St NW, Canton 330.477.8482
Plain Community Branch
1803 Schneider St NE, Canton
The Tragedy of King Lear
Bring your class or group to the library for a tour. Computers and books on the study subject may be reserved. Book talks and story times may also be requested. Can't make it to us? Librarians can visit your class or group. Tours and school visits should be booked through your nearest SCDL location. For more information email, call or stop by your nearest library location.
|Main Library - Children's Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Main Library - Teen Servicesemail@example.com|
|Mobile Services (Bookmobile)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|DeHoff Memorial Branchemail@example.com|
|East Canton Branchfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jackson Township Branchemail@example.com|
|Lake Community Branchfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Madge Youtz Branchemail@example.com|
|Perry Sippo Branchfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Plain Community Branchemail@example.com|
|Sandy Valley Branchfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Early Childhood Resource Center
1718 Cleveland Avenue Northwest
Canton, OH 44703
The Early Childhood Resource Center, in a unique collaboration with the Stark County District Library, houses a specialized early childhood library containing an extensive collection of children's fiction and non-fiction books, big books, storytelling kits, and DVD's. ECRC also has a wonderful selection of professional resource books and DVD's.
If you are looking for quality books and materials for children age birth through eight or resources for yourself, you need to visit the Early Childhood Resource Center's library. For convenience, materials borrowed from the Center can be returned to any Stark County District Library branch. All you need to borrow from the ECRC library is a Stark County District Library Card.
During your visit, check out the interactive "I Spy" tree located in the center of the library. This unique tree contains a variety of colorful toys hanging from it's branches, along with corresponding picture booklets children can use to play "I Spy."
For more information about the Early Childhood Resource Center Library or to register for a library card, please call 330-491-3272 Ext. 5683 or visit http://www.ecresourcecenter.org