BikeSmart's Back! — March 20, 2017
Ride for free with Stark County District Library! We launched Stark County's bike sharing network in 2015 as a pilot program in partnership with Stark Parks and Canton Parks and Recreation using bike services provided by Zagster. The response was overwhelming, so we're back for a third, longer season. Stop into your local library branch before your first ride to link your Zagster account with your library card and begin riding for free!
What is BikeSmart?
You may have seen fee-based bike shares in New York, Chicago, Columbus or Cleveland, but BikeSmart has a unique twist. BikeSmart is FREE to all Stark County District Library card holders. If you want to check out a bike for a quick ride on the trail, a trip to the farmer's market, or just to zip around town, stop into your local library branch before your first ride to set up your account. Visitors to Stark County and other non-card holders will still be able to rent a bike with a credit card for the usual hourly fee.
Once you have your account, look for the BikeSmart sign at these six hubs throughout Stark County:
- Main Library – 715 Market Ave. N., Canton, OH 44702
- Canton Garden Center - 1615 Stadium Park Dr NW, Canton, OH 44718
- Exploration Gateway at Sippo Lake - 5712 12th St NW, Canton, OH 44708
- Veteran’s Park (formerly Schneider Park) - 1714 Schneider St NE, Canton, OH 44721
- Jackson Township Branch Library - 7487 Fulton Dr NW, Massillon, OH 44646
- Southeast Community Center – 1400 Sherrick Rd SE / Canton, Ohio 44707