East Canton Branch Re|imagined
We are Re|imagining our library buildings for the 21st Century! Re|imagine is our plan to make your branch an inviting space that inspires and empowers you to pursue creativity and lifelong learning.
While your library is closed for construction (approximately three months), the bookmobile will visit to provide library services. We'll provide regular updates on this page, so be sure to check back for the latest news.
As soon as we are completely confident in the timeline, we'll announce our grand re-opening!
We want your library to be a place you want to spend your day. These are some of the upgrades and enhancements that your updated branch will feature:
- Enhanced A/V technology
- Electrical outlets and powered furniture for device charging
- Children’s interactive tables and furniture
- Self-check stations
- Interactive, touch screen catalogs in public areas
Comfortable and flexible spaces:
- New carpeting, paint, and flooring
- New collaboration areas
- New, varied furniture types with increased durability, accessibility and flexibility
Safety and security:
- Lower shelving to allow for better sightlines
- Energy efficient lighting inside and out
- Improved ADA compliance throughout the system
- New security cameras
- Sound quality improvements to reduce noise