Annual Poetry Contest Rules
- Poems entered must be author’s original work and may not be copied from any book or other source. We reserve the right to disqualify plagiarized poems at any time.
- Students grades 2-12 may submit one original poem; adults may submit up to three original poems. Each entry submission must have its own entry form.
- Please double check spelling and punctuation before submitting your work. Entries are published as submitted. Poems may not be longer than 250 words and should be printed neatly or typed. Illegible poems and/or entry forms will be disqualified.
- Entries must be submitted by April 30, 2020. Poems may be entered into the contest Online: visit our website - http://www.starklibrary.org/poetrycontest
Submissions will not be returned. Authors retain all copyrights to their work. Winning poems will be posted on the Stark Library website.
Multiple winners will be chosen in each of the following categories and will receive a prize.
- Grades 2 & 3
- Grades 4 & 5
- Grades 6 & 7
- Grades 8 & 9
- Grades 10 - 12
- If you are under the age of 18, be sure your parent(s) or guardian is aware of your entering this contest and is in agreement with all of these rules. Failure to comply with any of the contest rules will result in disqualification.
- Staple a completed entry form to your poem before submitting it for the contest.