Stark County District Library Educator Services
The Library offers a library card for educators who work in a K-12 school, college or university, educators who work in a licensed daycare center or preschool, and home educators. These cards are designed for curriculum use only. Educators should retain their personal cards.
- Proof of valid educator status must be provided to obtain or renew a card:
- Home school certification letter from the superintendent of the school district of residence (per the Ohio Administrative Code)
- School/Employee ID Badge
- Pay Stub from School Employment
- Educator cards must be renewed annually in September.
Classroom Units and Lit Kits
The Library staff will assemble a collection of materials for use in the classroom or home school. Lit Kits are multiple copies of the same book title.
- Please request units from the library location where you will be picking them up. Unit requests may be placed either in person, by phone, or online. To submit the request form on our website, click here.
- AT LEAST ONE WEEK’S NOTICE IS REQUESTED.
- Units will be held for up to one week from the scheduled pickup date and will then be returned to circulation.
- The number of books permitted for classroom units is at the discretion of the lending library.
- Requests for Lit Kits should be made at the agency at which the unit is housed. The Lit Kits are available on a first come, first serve basis. The Lit Kits circulate for six (6) weeks with no renewals and may be picked up at any Stark County District Library location. For a list of the Lit Kits, please click here or request a list from your library location.
Loans and Charges
Educators may borrow materials for six (6) weeks and the items may be renewed at the discretion of the lending agency.
- If more than ten children’s books per year are lost or damaged beyond repair, charges will be incurred for the eleventh and each subsequent item.
- Full payment is required for all lost adult materials, parent-teacher materials, puppets, audio-visual materials.
- Any children’s material costing over $40.00 may be charged at the library’s discretion.
- The library reserves the right to determine if an item will not be cleared.
- Home educators will be responsible for all lost materials.
The following items MAY NOT be borrowed with an Educator card:
- Adult fiction videos/DVDs
- Young Adult fiction videos/DVDs
- Young Adult/Adult popular fiction cassettes/CDs
- Best Seller fiction or Book Express books
- Kindergarten Readiness Packs
Educators may request items through Search Ohio and OhioLink. All materials checked out through these services are subject to their policies. Search Ohio and OhioLink policies, fines, and charges are determined by their consortia and cannot be waived or negotiated.
Visit the Library
Bring your class or group to the library for a tour and/or Library instruction. Classes may reserve computers and/or books on a specific topic. Book talks and story times may also be requested. Can’t make it to us? Librarians can visit your class or group. Tours and school visits should be booked through your nearest SCDL location. For more information contact your nearest library location.